Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birds


I am still working on birds.  I will be taking a class this coming week with Joan Lok and I am quite nervous.  So, I decided to practice my birds.  Her style of art is called Lingnan Art.
"Lingnan' or 'South of the Ranges' refers to that part of China to the south of the 'Five Ranges' which are Tayu, Qitian, Dupang, Mengzhu, Yuecheng. These ranges separate the river basin of Changjiang, or the Yangzi River, in the central part of China fr'om that of Zhujiang or the Pearl River, in the south. In the Tang dynasty (618-906) Lingnan was the official name for the area covering the provinces of Guangdong and Guangxi as well as Annan. The region covered by the name Lingnan has changed with time. Today, 'Ling"'nan' aod 'Guangdong' can almost be treated as synonyms."
From the The Art of Lingnan School website HERE.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment